This blog is created in loving memory of my 2 angels Ammon Joshua Fisher and Abish Joy Fisher. This will tell you the story of their short lives here on earth and how their lives affected us in so many ways..

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Letter To Abish

(this letter was read in her funeral)


My Dear Daughter Abish,
It was not my plan to see you so soon, nor was it my wish to have you leave so quickly. But plans sometimes change, and wishes do not always come true I am left with the memory of the moments we spent together and images of your tiny body floating through my mind.
I pray that these words may find their way to you so you will know how much you mean to me and how your brief time has changed me.
As we waited in the hospital I remember watching everyone preparing. All of the nurses getting ready and then suddenly all of it was gone. All I saw was you and your mother. Time stood still as I held you in the palm of my hand.
Not knowing how long I might have, I placed both hands under you and performed the only Priesthood ordinance you could have. As I gave you your name and expressed our love for you I longed to bless you as I have your siblings, with all of the aspirations of a loving father. But that was not to be so I blessed you with the only thing that seemed right, that when your short life was at an end you would have a speedy journey back to Heavenly Father's Presence.
As your mother and I looked at you we tried to memorize every feature. We marveled at your perfectly formed hands and feet. We mused to each other; “She has your eyes” She has my mouth”
Through the tears and pain something unexpected happened. I could feel a light coming from you . A brightness and warmth that had not been there before began to fill the room. Your mother have felt it too, as we both were calmed and focused, not wanting to miss the tiniest detail.
The first few days after your passing were difficult to bear. The loss weighed heavily on my mind. Slowly as the memory of you brought that precious feeling back and the light began to grow inside me, I realized the true gift that your life has given to me. My memory of your life makes me want to be like You. I want others to see that light shining still through me!
In the months and Years to come the pain and grief of your loss will ease, but that light will continue to shine! Wherever I find pain and sorrow I will left and comfort, the light you shone in my heart, I will shine on others in darkness.
Abish my tender one, your life was brief but your impact on me will live on. I will grieve your passing, but I will not overcome by grief. There will be moments of darkness, but I will not let the darkness overtake me.
It has been said the “ The light that burns twice as bright burn for half as long”. My Sweet Abish, your light has burnt Brighter than them all!
You are forever in my heart and in my mind and trusting in Heavenly Father's perfect plan, I know that we will be together again. Never to be separated! Our love for you will see us through to that glorious day!
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment